When migrating from CAS Desktop to CAS 360 the Client Success Team will be assisting you with the data transition.
CAS Desktop users can follow the below instructions below to run validation checks on CAS Desktop in preparation for Client Success to migrate data to CAS 360.
Review Migration Pre-Requirements
Before you can use the Migration utility you need to ensure:
- You are running the latest version of CAS Desktop; To download the latest version of CAS, refer to your BGL Client Centre login and navigate to Your Support | Software Downloads
- You have access to the Migration utility.
Access the Migration utility in CAS Desktop
Open CAS Desktop. From the CAS Explorer screen, select Introducing CAS 360.
The Introducing CAS 360 window will open. Select the Migrate icon to open the utility.
Link your CAS Desktop to your new CAS 360 Firm
The CAS 360 Migration Settings will display, prompting you to validate your CAS 360 Firm
1. Enter your CAS 360 User Name and Migration Token Key
- Begin by entering in your CAS 360 User Name.
- To locate your Migration Token Key, click the link on the CAS 360 Migration Settings
- Select the Singapore Migration checkbox to migrate companies to CAS 360 Singapore
2. Obtain the Migration Token Key
You will be taken to the Migration Management screen in CAS 360. In order to generate a migration token key, click on the Generate button.
- Ensure you are generating the token for CAS 360 as noted:
Once a Token Key has been generated, select the Copy button. This key will be valid for 30 days.
3. Paste the Migration Token Key
Return to the CAS 360 Migration Settings page. In the field assigned for the Migration Token Key, right click your mouse (or Ctrl/Cmd + V on your keyboard) to Paste.
Once the Token has been copied in, select Validate.
4. Validate the CAS 360 firm
- You will then be asked to confirm which CAS 360 firm you are migrating to. If the firm listed is correct then check the box to confirm and select Save
- If the firm is not correct, press Cancel. Ensure you have selected the right firm before regenerating the token and trying again.
If you need to re-enter these details at a later stage, select the Hammer and Spanner icon in the Migration Utility tool.
Run a Validation Check
Select the companies you are migrating to CAS 360 and then select Run Validations.
Note: To select all companies, please select Run Validation without selecting any companies and the validation will process for all your companies.
The Migration utility will run a check to confirm the correctness of the data being migrated.
What happens if you receive a validation error?
A validation error will appear if a particular piece of company information needs to be corrected. These errors can be:
- Automatically resolved by CAS Desktop on-screen;
- Manually resolved on-screen;
- Ignored and the migration will proceed (only for optional corrections).
Refer to Validation Checks for assistance in resolving the particular error(s) that you receive.
Migrate to CAS 360
Once all validations have been resolved please contact the Client Success Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start the data migration.
-----------What information is NOT migrated to CAS 360?----------
All historical data from CAS Desktop will be migrated to CAS 360. However, please note, the following data is NOT migrated:
- Global addresses and contacts not connected to companies will not appear in CAS 360
- Client Departments
- Document Templates