Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), sometimes known as Two Factor Authentication, 2FA, 2SA or TFA is a security enhancement for user accounts. Traditionally, users have relied on and are accustomed to authentication systems that require them to provide a unique identifier such as their email address and a correct password to gain access to a system. Multi-Factor authentication is an extra layer of security in which users will be prompted for their password (the first factor—what they know), and for a security code (the second factor—what they have), making it more difficult for unauthorised people to access your data.
1. Sign into CAS 360 and turn on MFA by navigating to the Profile Management screen.
2. Under the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) section, locate the SMS Text Message option, select Set Up.
3. Input your mobile number. Please replace the 0 at the beginning of the number with +65 for a Singapore mobile number, select Next.
4. A six-digit verification code will be sent to the mobile device.
5. Enter the 6-digit code and Select Finish to complete the setup.
From now on, when you log in to CAS 360, just enter the code sent through via SMS along with your password.